Womens Health Physio Melbourne
We offer a tailored approach to managing your symptoms and speeding up recovery, and we actively listen to you in order to provide the best possible treatment. Our specialist womens physio provide accurate diagnoses and clear expectations to all of our clients.
Womens Physio For Womens Health Needs
Physiotherapy is a great tool to manage the symptoms of many women’s health problems, including:
- Pregnancy related issues, such as pelvic pain and back pain
- Pelvic floor problems, including weak pelvic floor muscles and pelvic floor dysfunction
- Painful bladder syndrome
- Painful sex, caused by conditions like vaginismus and vulvodynia
- Bladder leakage
Do I Need Womens Physiotherapy Specifically?
Receiving a diagnosis for the conditions listed proves difficult for many women. These are some of the signs that you would benefit from physiotherapy for women:
- You are looking for guidance on exercise pre and post natal
- You are looking for advice on exercise through all stages of life
- Pelvic floor weakness and mastitis
- Assessment and treatment of bladder, bowel and prolapse issues
- Improve posture and core strength
- Increase flexibility and balance
- Manage back, pelvic and other musculoskeletal pain
If any one of these applies to you, you might be suffering from one of the issues that physiotherapy is fully capable of helping you manage.
The Best Womens Health Physio Melbourne-Wide
Physiotherapy is one of the best treatments for these issues and, in many cases; it is one of few that actually work. Many of these women’s health problems have no effective alternative treatments and continue to cause problems for women who suffer from them for many years. Home remedies and medical treatments prove unsuccessful for many who try them. Womens Physiotherapy treats the root cause of these problems by focusing on the pelvic floor muscles. Issues are caused by pelvic floor muscles that are either too weak and lengthened, for example after childbirth. Therefore, relief for these issues is reached by strengthening weak pelvic floor muscles or relaxing overactive ones.
Other services we offer but not limited to are:
- Myotherapy Melbourne
- Massage therapy Melbourne
- Pregnancy massage Melbourne
- Physio for shoulder pain
- Pelvic floor physio Melbourne
The first step in your journey to recovery is booking a consultation. This is an opportunity for you to express your concerns and goals to your physiotherapist, which they can use to diagnose you and create an appropriate treatment plan. This appointment will be either 30 or 60 minutes. All consultations can be booked on our website, through the Book Online button, or over the phone by calling 0396703051. If you’re unsure what kind of appointment you should book, feel free to call or send us an enquiry. Read Less