Melbourne CBD Physiotherapy: Experience, Excellence, Results
Found in one of the best physio clinics in Melbourne, the Alter-G Anti-Gravity Treadmill is a revolutionary medical rehabilitation treadmill. Developed by NASA, the Alter-G uses air pressure technology to provide accurate, safe and comfortable partial weight-bearing therapy as you aim to walk, jog or run during a rehabilitation program.
Melbourne CBD Physio offers the only Alter-G machine in the Melbourne CBD area.
Return to Training Faster
Unlike hydrotherapy or harnesses, the Alter-G allows you to keep your normal running gait and technique.
The treadmill will gently reduce your bodyweight with air pressure from 100% to as low as 20% in precise 1% increments for low-impact and pain-free movement.
The Alter-G can be used for an array of different injuries or modified exercise programs. Melbourne CBD Physio patients commonly use the Alter-G to rehabilitate bone, joint and specific muscle related injuries.
Many of our elite athletes use the Alter-G to manage training load or return from injury. It also produces fantastic outcomes in the rehabilitation setting for all kinds of patients.
Interested in booking an Alter-G session?
viiIs the Alter-G for me?
This physio rehab tool is state of the art and can be used to rehabilitate a variety of conditions.
- Pre- and post-operative rehabilitation
- Load / training management to reduce impact through the body
- Reduce fall-risk and balance issues
- Arthritis and inflammatory joint diseases
- Return from concussion
- Lower back injury and disc issues
- Achilles tendon pain
- Knee pain and ACL reconstruction
- Meniscus injuries
- Hip pain
Melbourne CBD Physio offers casual visits and pack options to use the Alter-G. Read more on Alter-G price options here.
Set a new Personal Best
- Push your training without pushing your risk of injury
- Maintain and develop muscle strength and conditioning
- Work on your technique, walking/running gait or learn new movement patterns
- Track and measure rehabilitation and training progress
- Confidentiality return to running
- Keep you engaged and motivated during rehab
Our Exercise Library is full of alternative ways to use the Melbourne CBD Physio Alter-G, other than running.
How do you use the Alter-G?
Our experienced Melbourne CBD Physiotherapists will assist you with initial set up and familiarisation with the machine and will always be on hand to assist. They can also work with you to set a program that aligns with your rehab and exercise goals.
We recommend you bring with you what you normally would to a physiotherapy visit.
- Wear comfortable clothing you can exercise in
- Comfortable and fitted running shoes
- Water bottle
Interested in booking an Alter-G session in our rehab space?