Melbourne CDB Physiotherapy
Experience. Excellence. Results
Alter-G Anti-Gravity Treadmill Melbourne
Found in the most trusted allied health clinic in Melbourne, the Alter-G Anti-Gravity Treadmill is a revolutionary medical rehabilitation treadmill. Developed by NASA, the Alter-G uses air pressure technology to provide accurate, safe and comfortable partial weight-bearing therapy as you aim to walk, jog or run during a rehabilitation program.
Melbourne CBD Physio offers the only Alter-G machine in the Melbourne CBD area.
Return to Training Faster
Unlike hydrotherapy or harnesses, the Alter-G allows you to keep your normal running gait and technique.
The treadmill will gently reduce your bodyweight with air pressure from 100% to as low as 20% in precise 1% increments for low-impact and pain-free movement.
The Alter-G can be used for an array of different injuries or modified exercise programs. Melbourne CBD Physio patients commonly use the Alter-G to rehabilitate bone, joint and specific muscle related injuries. Many of our elite athletes use the Alter-G to manage training load or return from injury. We have found fantastic outcomes in the rehabilitation setting for all kinds of patients.
- Push your training without pushing your risk of injury
- Maintain and develop muscle strength and conditioning
- Work on your technique, walking/running gait or learn new movement patterns
- Track and measure rehabilitation and training progress
- Confidentiality return to running
- Keep you engaged and motivated during rehab
Our Exercise Library is full of alternative ways to use the Melbourne CBD Physio Alter-G, other than running.
Is the Alter-G Treadmill For Me?
This rehabilitation tool is state of the art and can be used to manage a variety of conditions under the guidance of a Physiotherapist or Exercise Physiologist.
- Pre- and post-operative rehabilitation
- Load and training management to reduce impact through the body
- Reduce fall-risk and balance issues
- Arthritis and inflammatory joint diseases
- Return from concussion
- Lower back injury and disc issues
- Achilles tendon pain
- Knee pain and ACL reconstruction
- Meniscus injuries
- Hip pain
Melbourne CBD Physio offers casual visits and pack options to use the Alter-G. Read more on Alter-G price options here.
How Do You Use The Alter-G?
Our experienced Melbourne CBD Physiotherapists and Exercise Physiologists will assist you with initial set up and familiarisation with the machine and will always be on hand to assist. They can also work with you to set a program that aligns with your rehab and exercise goals.
If you have not been referred to the Alter-G by one of our practitioners, we recommend booking an Initial consultation first to discuss if it is an appropriate and safe tool to use.
We offer 30, 45 and 60 minute sessions on the Alter-G. As a prescribed rehabilitative tool we offer casual, 5 and 10-pack options to give you the most value for money.
We recommend you bring with you what you normally would to a physiotherapy visit.
- Wear comfortable clothing you can exercise in
- Comfortable and fitted running shoes
- Water bottle