Knee Joint & Pain Physiotherapy Melbourne
Knee problems can be incredibly painful, and they can affect your ability to partake in your favourite sports, as well as cause problems for your day-to-day living.
Physiotherapy for knee pain can be incredibly effective at relieving the discomfort you are feeling and, with an effective treatment plan from Melbourne CBD Physiotherapy, the chances of the injury reoccurring are lessened.
Knee Physio Melbourne
There are many reasons why you may be suffering from knee pain. With the right physio for your knee pain at Melbourne CBD Physiotherapy, we can make a diagnosis on what is causing your pain so that it can be treated effectively at the root cause. Rather than just treating the symptoms, this is an important part of physio because it can prevent it from happening again in the future.
Benefits of Physiotherapy on Knees
It may be that you are suffering from soft tissue injuries or a bone condition. You can be sure that our skilled knee joint physio will get to the bottom of the problem.
If you are suffering from any of the following, please contact us and we will be able to support you in your treatment and recovery.
- You have suffered from a dislocation or fracture. Our treatment can aid your rehabilitation.
- The movement in your knee has reduced. It could be that you can no longer straighten your leg fully or bend it as you used to.
- There is too much movement. The opposite also applies. If your knee now moves more than it used to, it could be a sign that something is not right.
- There is swelling.
- Your knee makes a popping sound or snapping sound.
- You experience pain when walking.
Whether your knee pain has been caused by a sporting injury, you need rehabilitation after an operation or there is another cause, such as arthritis, physiotherapy can help you.
We Offer the Most Effective Physiotherapy
For your knee physio in Melbourne, choose our team for the most effective treatment.
With our physio for knee pain, we can get you back on your feet with a unique treatment plan that works for you. Your treatment will be undertaken by one of our skilled sports physiotherapists who all have postgraduate qualifications in physiotherapy. What’s more, we pride ourselves on continuously researching the field to provide you with the best possible treatment.
With Melbourne CBD Physiotherapy, you will receive a clear diagnosis as this is an imperative part of creating the right treatment plan for you. Along with this, you will be given a clear timeframe and we work to get you back to full health as quickly as possible.
Contact us today by phone or book an appointment online at our sports injury clinic. We look forward to helping you get back to optimal health.
Knee Physio Specialist In Melbourne
Here at Melbourne CBD Physiotherapy, we combine expert knowledge with effective knee physiotherapy modalities to improve the function, capacity and symptoms of your knee. Our team consists of expert physiotherapists who combine research, clinical experience with the best technology to ensure you have the best outcome with your knee. Our expert physiotherapists provide ongoing support injury management, treatment, rehabilitation and advice for all sorts of knee pathologies.
We are one of the only physio knee specialists in Melbourne that offers access to Keiser strength machines, AlterG antigravity treadmill, and copious amounts of specific testing equipment to see that you are in fact getting better. This is in addition to lifting platforms, free weights, squat rack and Smith machine to add to our ability to not only reduce pain and stiffness but also improve performance and prevent recurrence.
Our team of specialists include the best practitioners in Melbourne – so if you are looking for the best knee physio in Melbourne, we are confident that you will find the help you need here, no matter what your knee problem is.
What Causes Knee Pain & How Knee Physiotherapy Can Help?
Knees can be difficult to manage and having knee pain and stiffness can impinge on all areas of your life – making staying active harder. If you are considering knee physio you will know that sometimes it is difficult to know what has caused your pain.
Some of the causes of knee pain are:
- ITB (iliotibial band) syndrome – the ITB is a band of tissue that extends from the outside of the hip, that when compressed can become symptomatic at the end and on the outside of the femur.
- Osteoarthritis – can often be age-related or associated with injury (needing repair), this is related to a combination of persistent inflammation wear-and-tear which leads to deterioration of the cartilage around joints.
- Rheumatoid arthritis – this is a chronic autoimmune condition that can affect people at any age and affects the cartilage around joints.
- Patellar tendinopathy – Symptoms coming from a very isolated area of the tendon at the front of the knee below the knee cap.
- Patellofemoral joint (PFJ) pain – this is also known as kneecap pain and is a term to describe broad pain around the knee cap (that can sometimes move). PFJ pain can be common in people who run, or complete jumping activities. It is also important to note that this condition can derive from a number of influencing factors such as the ankle and hip joint.
Physio For Knee Injuries
If you have suffered from trauma to the knee, you might want to consider a specialist physio for knee injury. The usual forms of injury to the knee include:
- Tibial plateau fractures
- Knee bursitis
- Torn meniscus
- ACL and PCL injury
- Patellar tendon rupture
With expert guidance and knowledge of our sports physiotherapists you can not only become pain and stiffness free but also improve your range of motion and work towards preventing recurrence.
Personal Goal Orientated Physiotherapy Programs For Your Knee Recovery
The Melbourne CBD Physiotherapy difference is that we use our knowledge and experience in combination with the latest in technology to provide you with a personalised plan to deal with your problem. When you come to us for knee physio, we will perform an initial consultation where we can assess the problem and create a plan of treatment that is built around what you want to achieve. Whether you just want to be pain-free or reclaim your usual range of motion, or you want to improve your performance as an athlete, we can work with you on a bespoke treatment plan that will ensure you don’t need to come back to us.
Our physiotherapy clinic in Melbourne provides the best knee physio – come and see how we can help.